Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Default format part of text in a cell?

As Biff said, if your cell contains text (ie "this edited word" ) and
you highlight the 'Edited' and set it's attributes then the text should
remain formatted.

If you mean that the cell contains (say) 257 (not in Text format) and
you are trying to highlight the '5' then you will have problems as you
describe.

Can you explain what you are trying to highlight, and what version of
Excel you are using?

--

Yawrood Wrote:
Biff - I did that. As soon as i move the cursor to another cell, the
formatting goes away.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Select the cell in question.

In the formula bar, highlight the text you want to format.

Then goto FormatCells

Biff

"Yawrood" wrote in message
Excel cell contains 3 words of text. I want to make one of the

words
smaller
and bolded. As soon as I perform edit, edit goes away as soon as I

move
cursor off cell.

Why? How can I edit part of the text so that it stays edited?

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547645