Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trenton

Default Upcoming Date alerts

Thank you for your assistance.

"Toppers" wrote:

=and(a1<=today()+30,a1<"")

"Trenton" wrote:

Perfect! Thank you! One last question, some of the cells are blank (IE no
course required for that person) is there an additional format to not
highlight those?

"Toppers" wrote:

Check that (some of) the fields are not formatted as text rather than dates.
I have re-checked my formatting and it works with date fields but fails if
they are text fields.

"Trenton" wrote:

Your understanding is correct. My spreadsheet, however,isn't doing it. In my
case, the datres I'm tracking are in column G, starting @ G6 through G77.
I've tried highlightong the entire G column and inputting your formula, as
well as just highlighting G6-G77. Each time, it highlights all sorts of
cells, some with dates
such as 10-Oct-08, but ironically not 23-Jun-06. I've also tried changing
the cell date format to an all numeric version, with no change.

"Toppers" wrote:

The current test should highlight any expiry date within 30 days of today i.e
any dates before 30th June 2006. Is this what is required or have I
misunderstood?

"Trenton" wrote:

For some reason, it highlights all sorts of cells, but not the ones I need.
Any suggestions?

"Toppers" wrote:

TRY:

Assuming dates are in column A, highlight column A, then in Conditional
Formatting set "Formula is" to =(A1<=TODAY()+30)

and set to required colour.

HTH

"Trenton" wrote:

Is there a way I can have an Excel 2003 worksheet notify me of upcoming
dates? Ex: I have a spreadsheet tracking safety course expirey dates, and
would like to have the cells highlight prior to that date, say 1 month in
advance. Will conditional formatting do this, and if so, how?