Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Default "Last Saved" date in Excel 2000

Thanks Bob, that did the trick.

FWIW I've also found that several of the list of BuiltInDocumentProperties
don't work in XL97. Someone said something about 97 not automatically
updating those items, and that they could be "forced", somehow, but I don't
remember how.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Chuck,

I just pasted it into 97 and noticed there was an extra hyphen in there that
you don't see in the post (I think this is caused by Google since it
changed). Removing that and it worked.

Try this version

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Function DocProps(prop As String)
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

looks the same, but shouldn't have the hyphen.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi Bob........this looks cool, and something I could use, but I can't seem

make it work in XL97. Is there some adjustment that needs to be made to
accomodate 97?

Tks,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Function DocProps(prop As String)
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentĀ*Properties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

and enter in a cell such as
=DocProps ("last author")
or
=DocProps ("last save time")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Rachael" wrote in message
Is there a way to automatically update a cell in Excel 2000 with the

date
that the file was last saved?

Thanks!