Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dennis

Default Go to cell referenced in a formula

Dominic,

That worked! Thank you very much.

Dennis

"Dominic LeVasseur" wrote:

Dennis,

I think you should go to Tools:Options:Edit and uncheck "Edit directly in
cell". Then I believe Bob's suggestion should work perfectly.

HTH

"Dennis" wrote:

Bob,

Thanks for your response. I tried your suggestion but the result was that
the cell was opened up for editing - it didn't take me to the referenced
cell. Do I need to click the cell in a specific place?

Thanks,
Dennis

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

If you double click the cell with the formula, it goes to the first cell
referenced on another sheet.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dennis" wrote in message
How do I easily go to a cell referenced in a formula? The
precedents/dependents is useful when the reference is on the same
spreadsheet, but not so easy when the referenced cell is on another
spreadsheet - even if in the same file.

Thanks much for your help!