Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Christobo

Default Password protect cells

Thank you for the response. I am not sure where to apply your comments within
the protection process. The steps that I am taking now are to high-light the
entire sheet, format-cells-protection tab-uncheck the lock box, I then select
the cells I want to lock and then, format-cells-protection tab-check the lock
box, I then protect the file by selection tools-protection-entire sheet -
obviously my process is incorrect - I am not sure where within my process to
implement your comments. I apologize if I am missing the boat here.

"Louise" wrote:

Hi
Go into Tools, Protection, Allow Users to Edit Ranges and go throug the
instructions. This allows you to protect cells for certain users only. If
anybody else tries to type into the cell, they will be prompted for a
password which you will set.

HTH
Louise
"Christobo" wrote:

I would like to protect six to ten cells within excel. But the cell protected
by one can ont be accessed by another, i.e. - I need to allow for multiple
uses to protect their own cells within the same excell sheet.