Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
thistooshallpass

Default How do I eliminate "false" from showing in a cell?

Thanks. The first way worked, however, I still am not able to get pass the
error message which highlights the "" portion of the formula.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Two ways,

=IF(B9="","",vlookup(B9,Q12:R41,2,False))

or more stable as it will also handle any invalid value

=IF(ISNA(vlookup(B9,Q12:R41,2,False) ,"",vlookup(B9,Q12:R41,2,False) )

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

"thistooshallpass" wrote in
message ...
Thanks for the response, however, this is the case.

I am using the vlookup formula, =vlookup(B9,Q12:R41,2,"") which produces
"#N/A" when the lookup value cell is blank. So I decided to use an if
formula, =if(B9<0,"0,if(B90,vlookup(B9,Q12:r41,2,0))) thinking that I

could
get rid of the #N/A, which I did but inherited 'false' in the cell.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Show us your formula, and tell us what you want in its stead.