Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Files open only when excel already open

Hi

Go to Tools/Options/General and toggle the Ignore Other Applications box.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there! Fist post on this group. I have the following situation:

At work, I had an NT box with Office 2000 Pro. Then they gave me a new
box with winXP and OfficeXP (and winfax standalone).

Problem:
When I double click on an excel file, excel opens, but the file does
not open (blank excel screen).

If excel is already open (without any files open) and then I double
click on an excel file (or use the file-open menu), then the file opens
just fine.

Same situation if I try to open and excel file I have received as
attachment in outlook.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Stratos