Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mangal Singh

Default Performance not upto Office 2003 standards in Office 2007

I don't know what gives you the idea that I'm using beta 1. And what do you
mean by legal. I don't know where you live but pretty much the whole world
can now "legally" download the office 2007 beta 2 from Microsoft's site. So
your comments have been anything but helpful. Instead, you've managed to draw
me into this unnecessary argument about legal and illegal beta. Again, let me
emphasize, a public beta version was released yesterday (05/23/2006). I'm
talking about that. It was a straight download without any information about
a special newsgroup or any such thing. I guess that clarifies things for you.

Mangal

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

That would depend on if you are a legal beta tester or if you have an
illegal copy, wouldn't it?
Regardless, I am talking about beta 1, the version you are using, those
emails went out over 6 months ago

Peo

"Mangal Singh" wrote in message
Not for the public beta release that happened yesterday. No emails,
nothing.
If I had received an email I wouldn't be writing here now, would I?

Mangal

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you are a beta tester you should have gotten an email with all the
info on
how to
log on to microsoft's beta web site, there you can get the necessary
passwords
and instructions on how to use those newsgroups and download the latest
beta.

Peo

"Mangal Singh" wrote:

I looked at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups and found
this
group to be the most appropriate forum. Sometimes it does get really
hard to
find the appropriate forum to bring up those issues. I think MS hasn't
updated all the links for this Office 2007 beta release.

Mangal

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you have a legal copy of 2007 you should know there is a PW
protected
newsgroup for beta testers

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Mangal Singh" wrote:

I tried opening some of my 2003 spreadsheets with 3D graphs in
Excel 2007 and
the performance is painfully slow. The graph colors changed and it
lost the
feature where I could rotate the graph on it's edges and view the
3D graph
from many angles.

Also, everytime I make the slightest change the redrawing takes
almost 30
secs to a minute. I have a decent machine 1.7GHz, 1GB RAM WinXP Pro
SP2 and
the program performance should be better than what it is now. I
know that
this is a beta software but I thought I still need to point it out.

Mangal