Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louis

Default vlookup on pivot table results = #N/A

Roger,
Thanks, this works too. I never paid attention to the getpivotdata function
before.
--
Louis

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Louis
You need to use the GetPivotData function rather than VLOOKUP.
Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site

Regards

Roger Govier

"Louis" wrote in message
My vlookup doesnt' work if I am looking up data that are in the
results of a
pivot table. If I hand type the pivot table results to a new sheet it
will
work but if I tried to re-format the pivot table results or copy the
results
as values and it won't work. It will only work if I hand type the
data.
With almost a thousand results in the pivot table, to continue to do
this
isn't practical. What do I have to do to make the pivot table data
results
compatible with the vlookup function?
--
Louis