Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how can i insert a subtotal from a range of dates

Hi

I would suggest a pivot table (from Data/Pivot Table). For an intro to these
visit he
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
Once you have done this, you can right click on your date field and select
Group to group it by month and/or year.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"rosa" wrote in message
i posted a question earlier i can't see it now, so here it is again.

I've been working with a database of dates and quantities i need to inset
total quantity in a monthly basis example:
5/15/2006 2,400
5/19/2006 10,400
5/30/2006 18,000
6/2/2006 3,200
6/2/2006 22,000
6/12/2006 22,000
6/16/2006 12,800
6/16/2006 22,000
6/30/2006 5,600

I need to separate may from june and add athe quantities but the subtotal
function does it by each date. anybody can help me here???
Is taking me all morning.

thanks