Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
James E Middleton

Default Conditional formatting works, is there a better way?

Here's what is did:

Two worksheets: 'Grades' & 'Print-out'.

Linked the cell from 'Grades' to the 'Print-out' sheet. Conditional
Formatting as described below.

Originally, I asked because we were cutting and pasting, and sometimes the
format would be lost.

Now, when we enter the grades, the 'Print-out' sheet is created
simultaneously without having to cut and paste.

Thanks for all the input!

"andy62" wrote in message
Wouldn't another simple way to do this be to have a column (C) that holds
the
actual grades and then a "print" column (D) with a formula like,
"=IF(C2<9,"",C2)", then you jus hide the grades column before printing?

"James E Middleton" wrote:

Using Excel to track students' grades on weekly quizzes, scored 1-10.
Each
week, the results are posted. According to policy, we are allowed to post
scores of 9 or 10. We print the entire student list with the grades but
before doing so, using Conditional Formatting we format 'cell value is
less
than or equal to 8' change the font to white, and all the scores
disappear.

Is there a macro I could use for the target cell so that when printing,
the
low scores would not print without using Conditional Formatting?

Thanks!