Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Default How do I convert cubic centimeters to ounces in Excel?

Do you mean you want an integer (whole number) value for ounces ?
Cell A1 has number of cc (say 345)
Cell B1 has formula =INT(A1/29.57353 ) and tells the whole number of ounces
( here 11)
Cell C1 has formula =A1-INT(B1*29.57353) and tells how many cc's are need in
addition to the ounces (in this case 20)
Cell D1 has formula =INT(A1/29.57353)&" oz "&A1-INT(B1*29.57353)&" cc"
and it displays 11 oz 20 cc
Any help?
I'd love to know why you are mixed units from the US and the SI systems!
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"OcalaElaine" wrote in message
This is so close. I can see I need to be much more specific with what I am
trying to do. Your formula works just great but I need the number of
ounces
plus the number of cc's when it gets over an ounce. If I knew Excel better
could probably figure out what to do next, but, alas.... Thanks for much
for
your help.

"Lewis Clark" wrote:

The conversion factor is: 1 fluid ounce = 29.57353 cubic centimeters

If your volume in cc's is in Cell A1, then in cell B1 type:

=IF(A129.57353, ROUND(A1/29.57353,3)&" ounces",A1&" cc's")

Note that this will round the number of ounces to 3 decimal places. You
can adjust this as necessary.

--

"OcalaElaine" wrote in message
I need to creat a chart that starts out with measurements in cubic
centimeters and need a formula to convert to ounces when there are enough
cc
to equal an ounce