Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Default Scaling x-axis with time

Callum:

Use an XY chart, not a line chart.

Once you have XY chart, change X axis format to meet your needs.

Post back with specific questions and I'll be glad to walk you through
process.

...Kelly

"Callum" wrote in message
Can anyone help me with a problem I am having?

I have a spreadsheet showing 2000 data points plotted against time, sounds
simple

However, the number of data points corresponding to 1 second of 'footage'
varies. E.g. in a 1 second interval, I sometimes get 5 readings being
recorded (0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0 sec), and in the next 1 second interval,
get 10 readings being recorded (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8,
0.9,
1.0 sec).

When it comes to graphing the data, the time scale along the X-axis is not
'to scale', I am looking to have the tick mark labels to be displayed in 1
second increments (instead of say every 5 data points).

Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much in advance.