Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin

Default I want to add up the amounts from 1 cell in a folder of files

Another option is to create a link to the cell in each workbook
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"CLR" wrote in message ...
This page of Ron de Bruin's may be of some help to you.........

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Betsy" wrote:

So there is no way to generate it to do a whole folder? I have about 250
files... to eneter each name would take longer than opening each file to get
the number i need..

"CLR" wrote:

='C:\[Book1.xls]Sheet1'!$D$34

Adjust the path and filename as needed........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Betsy" wrote:

I have a bunch of invoices in a folder and need to get a total on how much I
made. Can i set up a formula that will import cell d34 from every file in
the folder I specify and give me a total?