Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Irene

Default How to be noticed/to avoid equal values in a colum

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreshiate it :)

I don't know what I do wrong but I still can't get it to work. I will
try to detailed explained exactely what I am doing, maybe that will
help.

This is what I have,
A list with colum A and B with data ranging from row 2-1270, so
A1:B1270

As I make more entrance to the list (in colum *B*)I want to be allerted
if the value already excist.

I did the following:
Put the marker on cell B2.
Went to Conditional Formatting
Chose Formula Is
Typed in formula: =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$1270,B2)1
Chose to put the result in red color.

When I press OK the little (annoying) paper clip allert me that the
formula contains an error.
And this part of the fomula becomes highlighted: $B$1270,B2

--
Irene
Irene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34269