Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kevhatch

Default Golf Scores

"kevhatch" wrote:

Hi, Sorry for posting this twice but I got no replies from the first post.
I have a workbook for working out Net scores and Stableford points based
on players handicap, par of the hole and stroke index of the hole (link below)

I have had a lot of help from you guys with this(thanks) and would like to
call on you once more!
Hopefully it's just a formula tweak!
The problem I am having is that when my Gross score for a hole returns a
zero or minus Net score it won't show the points correctly
i.e.
1 over par= 1point
par=2
1 under par=3
2 under par=4
3 under par=5
4+under par=6
Hole 17 on the 19/04/2006 highlights the problem
(I didn't get a hole in one :-(, just hit the wrong key when I entered the
score, but I can dream!! Entering the correct score"2" has the same effect)
Hope it makes sense to someone.

http://www.flypicture.com?display=updone&id=rtD2lKXd

EDIT: If the Gross Score would return a value of "0" for the Net Score, then the points would be 1 more than is currently being returned, "-1" would be 2 more etc.etc.

Thx in advance
Kev