Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
macropod

Default Delete row by time/date?

Hi JP,

OK, running the macro is easy enough, but where is it going to get the
date/time criteria for deciding when to delete a 'complete' row - or do you
want it to simply go through the worksheet at a given time and delete every
'complete' row it finds?

If you don't have a date & time criterion, you'd need to have the macro run
at intervals of, say, every 5 minutes to delete 'complete' rows. But that
could lead to worksheet having unwanted 'complete' rows for up to 5 minutes
after it is first opened.

An alternative, which might work just as well for your purposes, if to have
an auto macro go through the worksheet every time the workbook is opened and
delete an 'complete' rows it finds. This will create much less overhead for
your system than a macro running of a timer.

Yet another possibility is a macro that looks in your status column and
automatically deletes any row you mark as complete immediately you hit the
enter key after typing 'complete'.

Cheers

"JPaterson" wrote in
message ...

macropod:

Thanks for the response. I'm guessing I'll need the clock macro. See,
my project would look like image one.

http://www.jpatworld.com/excela.jpg

See the project labeled "complete"? Say I don't remove the row
manually, for some reason or another. What I would want (the macro)
would delete the row for me automatically so that the sheet would look
like:

http://www.jpatworld.com/excelb.jpg

It would remove row five and cause row six to become five.

You think a clock macro would accomplish this?

--
JPaterson
JPaterson's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537543