Bob Phillips

Sneak up on it :-)

Don't click the cell, click an adjacent cell, and then use the arrow keys to
navigate to the cell. Change it as you wish.

Alternatively, get to the cell in the same way and remove the hyperlink
(InsertHyperlink Remove Hyperlink)

--

HTH

RP

"Dstess" wrote in message
I have a large database with names, addresses etc. When I try to make

changes
to the email address, like change the font color or change on letter,

Excel
tries to email the address. If I click in the formula bar to make the
changes, it automatically changes it back to all blue text and underlined.

have tried to format all of the cells as "Text" to show as entered, but it
doesnt work. PLEASE HELP