Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nigel C

Default Increase excel worksheet vlaues by a percentage

Hi,

Just a short note to say thanks a million. I should have been able to sort
this for myself but sometimes you can;t see the wood forthe trees!

Many thanks for your helo

"Nigel C" wrote:

Hi,

We receive quotes (sometimes quite lengthy) via excel from a supplier which
we need to add a percentage to in order to forward to our customers.

My question is, and I would be really grateful if somebody could give me the
answer as I have searched and searched for a solution..............

"How can I select a range of cells and increase their value by a set
percentage"

I know I can add a new columne and then enter a formula to multiply the
values by a set percentage but even that is long winded. Surely excel must be
able to make these changes easily but I can't for the life of me find it!

Frustratingly yours
Nigel Clifford

Thanking you in advance for any assistance you can give.