Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Default Microsft Query: Excel, date parameter cell doesn't work.

Ronco,

What happens when you use Get value from the following cell?

What value is the cell you are using? What is the format of the cell? Date?

I have no problems using a date field in a parameter MS Query. Although I
have to use a specific format because the data I am querying uses a
proprietary date format.

"Ronco" wrote:

For importing external data into Excel, I use Microsoft Query. If I use
parameter =#7/28/2005# in the query itself, it works, but it doesn't work
if, in Excel, I want to "Get the value from the following cell" or "Use the
following value".