Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jeff

Default Data and the "IF" formula

Maybe if I lay it out like this it will help
I want to enter the number 1000 (A2) in C2 and have 99(B2) auto show in D2.
I hope that makes a little more sense.
Thanks again for the help.
Jeff

__A________B________C_________D______
1 Weight Moment Weight Moment
2 1000 99

"Jeff" wrote:

Thanks for the help, but it doesn't seem to like the formula. It says there
is an error in the formula and it Highlights the C1.

"Sige" wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Maybe this is what you are after
=VLOOKUP(C1;A:B;2;FALSE) in D1

fill down in D2, D3, etc

HTH Sige

Jeff wrote:
I am trying to set up a sheet that will let me enter a number into a column
and it will fill in the second column. I know that is confussing, so here is
what I am trying to do...
Column A is like this
a1 1000
a2 2000
a3 3000
etc
Column B is
b1 99
b2 197
b3 296

what I want to do is type the number 2000 in on block (IE C1) and 197 auto
fills into another block (IE D1). I can get it to work if I type each
number, but I have about 300 to do.
Any help? Thanks