Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default How do I make a 0.5cm square plotting paper

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm.

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:59:01 -0700, Manuel Ramirez
wrote:

I tried to do something like that, and concluded just measuring in pixels,
keeping in mind that 1cm is about 38 pixels. Anyway It a Microsoft product,
you will always find ridiculous details like this. What am I supose to do?
capture the screen and paste it in paint?

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Excel is not designed for this and you may be disappointed as
any slight change or change of printer may cause additional
frustration. You will also not be able to print to each edge of
the paper.

---
HTH,

"TH6" wrote in message ...
I don't realy need it, but there should be a way to do it, and I think that's
a challenge.
Row and column size depends on the default font Excel uses when starting up.
When using Arial, a column size of 10 is 75 pixels, when using Arial Narrow
it is only 65 pixels. Row size stays the same.

Now, if I make both row and column size, say, 80 pixels, I get a square
cell. Or not? When drawing a rectangel from one corner to the other using the
ALT-key, the square is NOT square!

How is this possible?

Thijs.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Don't know what to tell you. Both solutions I gave work for me, but I'm
primarily using MacXL. I've never had a need for precision cell sizes,
either.

What happens if you use a different printer/driver?

In article ,
TH6 wrote:

I checked both solutions, and both do NOT make square cells. When I start to
draw a rectangle in the top left corner (using the ALT-key to snap it to the
corner), and pull it towards the lower right corner using the SHIFT-key to
make a square rectangle, it does not end up in the corner.

Still no real way to making a cell exactly square.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP