Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Default how do I update a sheet automatically with the info from another?

Richard

As a starting point...................................

Certainly you can run a macro to automate this.

That is the purpose of VBA.

The only difficult part is how you decide which information is to be used and
how you will get that to the other workbook.

Can you perhaps use the Macro Recorder to run through your steps and refine the
code?

How will you filter the info for pertinence?

How will you transfer once you filter? Copy and paste or just straight "linked
cells"?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:29:02 -0700, Richard
wrote:

I have a report that was downloaded from an ERP system into an Excel
spreadsheet. We manually take the numbers from this spreadsheet and update
another in a different workbook. Not all the information from the report is
used. Isn't there a way to run somekind of macro to automatically do this?