Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Default What function/formula should I use?

OK, let's try this again. Look at the first row of your first table. There
are three values shown there. Which one(s) are used to determine whether the
row should have an R or an L, and how do you determine that?

"cindy" wrote:

This is a random number table that has an R or L (right and left) associated
with each fixed number. I need to extract the R or L with the other
values(which I used the LOOKUP function for) for each fixed number.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

What is the logic behind each R and L? I cannot divine any logic by taking a
quick look at these tables

"cindy" wrote:

I am trying to have excel return a value to me based on a number that it
compares to a fixed table of numbers. See example below (the small x is the
value that I am trying to retrieve, this will be an R or L):

X Y PTM#
0.54 x 0.58 1
0.82 x 0.50 2
0.66 x 0.73 3