Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CDWhite

Default Deleting cells and shifting "right"

Thanks David and Edwin for the effort, but neither of the responses really
work for me. I believe I will have to create a short and sweet macro to go
one by one down the data records (all the rows) and sort by row (not column)
for each row. Thanks again. Chris

"David Biddulph" wrote in message
"CDWhite" wrote in message
Deleting cells prompts for shifting cells left, but not right. How can I
shift cells right?

I am working data records (rows) with seven fields (columns); for
example:

1/1/2005 2/1/2005 3/1/2005 BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK

How can I shift the data to the right?

BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK 1/1/2005 2/1/2005 3/1/2005

I orignally tried selecting BLANK cells and deleting but I can only shift
left. Is there
another way?

Insert, rather than Delete
Select the range of cells where you want the blanks inserting, then right
click, choose "Insert", then choose "shift cells right".

An alternative is to select the range of blanks you've got on the right,
Cut, then select where you want to insert, right click & Insert Cut Cells
--
David Biddulph