Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Default Totals skipping columns

Mike,

Keep the totals going across the blank columns and, if possible, use
=Sum(B1:B98)+A99 etc, which ignores blanks.

Bryan

Mike Rogers Wrote:
Thanks for the reply Bryan but that does not help with the running total
that
is carried across the bottom of all the columns. Right now if I skip
column the rest of the columns have the ole "#VALUE!" error. I am
trying to
keep a running total across the columns even if I skip one (or two).

Mike Rogers

"Bryan Hessey" wrote:

You could use Conditional Format on the column totals, such that if

the
count of this column items = zero then the text is white-on-white

(ie,
hidden)

This will accomodate the entries in the column totaling zero, and

will
allow the appearance of totals for only the columns with entries.

HTH

Mike Rogers Wrote:
I have data that is entered into each column by different people.

Each
column is totaled. Below the column total is a running total with
each
column added to the last. The formula used for that column is:
=IF(AND(E18,F17),E18+F17,""). What I need is that if a column or

even
two is
not filled in I need the total, basically skipping the empty

columns.
Is
this possible?
Thanks for any help offered!!!