Ragdyer

I'll answer your question if you answer mine.

Why do you *not* use the body of the post to pose your question?
It's not considered good manners around here, and we've seen a lot more of
it lately.
Wondering where and/or how you might have picked up this habit?
Has anyone recently recommended or advocated this particular practice to
you?

As to your question,
The feature is called "Freeze Panes", and is found at,
<Windows <FreezePanes.

To freeze Row1, click (select) A2, *THEN*,
<Window <FreezePanes

Here's an old post which might help:

http://tinyurl.com/2qdzt

I hope this answers your question, since your entire question didn't fit in
the subject line, and I had to guess at what you might actually be asking.
--
HTH,

RD