Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Newbie problem need formula help

You probably want this then

=IF(F2="","",SUMPRODUCT(--($D$1:$D$7=D2),--($F$1:$F$7<"")))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"toddbob" wrote in
message ...

Thanks for the reply. Will give this a shot.

Would like to clarify one part of my original post. If Column D
contains location names in cells D1 thru D7 ie;Ohio, PA, MN, SD, ND,
SD, SD, and Column F indicates F1 empty F2 part name F3 empty F4 Part
name F5 empty F6 part name F7 empty I want my report to reflect that PA
received 1 part and SD recieved 2 parts.

Does this make sense.

Thank you

--
toddbob