Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
toddbob

Default Newbie problem need formula help

I have a worksheet to track sales locations, orders and parts sent.

Column D contains location, column E is order number, column F contains
part name, every order may or may not require a part to be sent. What I
want to do is every time a part name appears in column F, I need to
have excel find the the location from column D and count how many times
we send them a part. Sounds simple enough but I am unable to configure
the formula correctly.

Would appreciate the help.

Thank You

--
toddbob
toddbob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33112

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=IF(F2="","",COUNTIF(D:D,D2))

is my guess at what you want. Just copy it down

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"toddbob" wrote in
message ...

I have a worksheet to track sales locations, orders and parts sent.

Column D contains location, column E is order number, column F contains
part name, every order may or may not require a part to be sent. What I
want to do is every time a part name appears in column F, I need to
have excel find the the location from column D and count how many times
we send them a part. Sounds simple enough but I am unable to configure
the formula correctly.

Would appreciate the help.

Thank You

--
toddbob
toddbob's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529188

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
toddbob

Thanks for the reply. Will give this a shot.

Would like to clarify one part of my original post. If Column D
contains location names in cells D1 thru D7 ie;Ohio, PA, MN, SD, ND,
SD, SD, and Column F indicates F1 empty F2 part name F3 empty F4 Part
name F5 empty F6 part name F7 empty I want my report to reflect that PA
received 1 part and SD recieved 2 parts.

Does this make sense.

Thank you

--
toddbob
toddbob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33112
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529188

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

You probably want this then

=IF(F2="","",SUMPRODUCT(--($D$1:$D$7=D2),--($F$1:$F$7<"")))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"toddbob" wrote in