Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DanielG

Default Operations (add, multiply) on all values ($00.00) in a column?

Hello,

I have a file with a few columns with prices that are in this format -
$00.00 (with a point, not comma). Is it possible to quickly change all
values in a column, for example increasing all prices in a column with
4$ or a certain percentage. I tried with Paste Special, but it's not
working for some reason. I guess it's because Excel is not treating the
values in the $00.00 format as numbers. So is there any way to convert
the prices to numbers and then after doing Paste Special (with
add/multiply) to them to convert them back to the original format? I
have attached a sample file to show what I'm trying to do (in case my
explanations are not making much sense :), sorry for the bad english).
Hope someone can help me with this.

Thank you very much in advance.

|Filename: Prices.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4556 |