Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Coderre

Default Formatting text within a cell

Yes....here's one way:

A1: = "The sales for April were "&TEXT(D1,"$#,###")&" which is an increase."

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"noyb" wrote:

Related question. In a large single cell used for text is it possible to
link to another singel cell. For example. "The sales for April were
<<put cell reference here which is an increase."
thanks

Ron Coderre wrote:
When editing a cell, if you hold down the [Alt] key when you press [Enter],
that will put the subsequent text on a new line in the same cell.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"AV Guy" wrote:

I'm pretty new to Excel ... I want to emulate my formatting in Word of a
title with several bulleted subpoints indented and under it. Every time I hit
"Enter" for a new line, I get skipped to a new cell. Any help will be
appreciated.