Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Default How do i not plot values as zero?

USCBen:

When Excel sees a cell with a formula, it does not consider it empty. That's
why your don't plot empty cells configuration isn't doing what you want.

Your If formula will need to set the cell to NA() rather than "". Excel
recognizes NA() and places a #N/A in the cell. Your drop to zero problem
should be gone.

If you need any additional info see my tutorial
http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_missing_data.htm

...Kelly

"uscben" wrote in message
I am trying to create a running chart whereby information is added daily.
The information, as added, is run though a formula and is added to the
chart.
I want only the new information to plot on the chart, not the cells where
information has not been added. The problem I am having is that the cells
where the information has not been added are plotting as "zero". I have
the
option checked where it will "not plot empty cells", but since the cells
where data has not been entered contains a formula, it is not recognizing
this as an empty cell and plots it as zero. Is there a function that I
can
use to tell the chart not to plot the formula as "zero"?