Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default freeze window creates multiple "views" suffixed with ":n"

These windows aren't from Freezing panes. But they are from another option
under Window (on the menubar).

Window|new window

If you want to get rid of one of those windows, you can select the window to
close and hit ctrl-w.

Then save the workbook.

If Window|Freeze panes actually does create these windows, then you could try
resetting the toolbar:

tools|customize|toolbars tab|select worksheet menu bar
and click the Reset button

(any customized changes to that toolbar will be lost and have to be recreated.)

dgaex001 wrote:

When I freeze windows on a workbook, additional copies are "viewable" from
the taskbar. Each time I freeze window another version appears. The name of
the "views" are the actual filename suffixed with ":n" as follows:

filename.ext:1
filename.ext:2

This is very annoying for a number of reasons and I want to turn it off. Any
ideas?

--

Dave Peterson