Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Clivey_UK

Default moving text from a word document to excel

You might find it easier to have the Word text in a table (even if it's
a table with just one column). Don't forget that Excel has a limit to
the number of characters that can be in one cell whereas I don't think
Word has.
1. Try Edit/Paste Special/Text. If not, select all the columns after
the paste, and make them the appropriate width (in one action).
2. As point 1.
3. Use Ctrl +. If you select a column or row, that's what it'll insert.
If you select just one cell, it'll give you a choice of what to do.
4. I can't replicate this; the bold comes over fine. Note that
Edit/Paste Special will remove formatting.
5. By having the original text in Word in a table, this may be fixed
when you copy over.
Clive

--
Clivey_UK