Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ufo_pilot

Default Conditional Formatting

3Pinter,
Dav was correct
$b3$a3 in your first cell of formattting ( NOT $b$3$a$3... watch the
$$$$ )
then copy that cell
Paste Special ( EditPaste Special) Then select Format
Another way click on the formatted cell, double-click on your Format Painter
( paintbrush-icon) every cell you click on or scroll over now receives that
format.

"3Pinter" wrote:

Copying a cell with conditional formatting doesn't work because the
conditional formatting isn't seen as 'constant'. So I won't change to
$b$3$a$3 ... $b$4$a$4 etc.etc.

Another solution maybe?

I've included a test file which better explains my problem.

3Pinter

|Filename: test.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4482 |

3Pinter