Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gregp22

Default moving text from a word document to excel

I'm moving a large amount of text from word documents to an excel
spreedsheet, and I have a few questions:

1. When I copy/paste text from the document to the spreedsheet, the text
will sometimes expand the cell very large. How can I keep all the cells the
same size?

2. When I click on a cell that has text in it to read it, sometimes it will
only show the text in a long downwards column, whereas other times it shows
it as a big 'blurb' to the right side (which makes it easier to read). How
can I set it up so it is not in a long column?

3. How can I insert cells without having to go to 'insert' and then 'cells'
each time?

4. On the document, certain parts of the text are bold. When I copy/paste
them to excel, the bold disappears and becomes regular. How can I keep the
parts of text bold?

5. On the document, there are parts that have a line of text, a space, an
then more text. When I try and copy it over to the spreedsheet, it does not
all stay in a single cell (it shows it over to a few cells). How can I keep
it all in one cell?

Thanks!