Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Simple Question, Calculating Discounts

Hi

With full price in A1, Discount in B1, Tax in B2, Downpayment in B3 all
entries in column B as Percentage
In A2 (format General)
=A1*(1-B1)*(1+B2)*(1-B3)

For a sale price of 1000, it should yield you a finance price of 906.30

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"WebLord" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I just have what I think is a simple question regarding calculating
discounts with percentages. Sorry to bother you all with something so
basic, but I really am having a hard time with it and can't

I am basically trying to calculate a price on a vehicle after a
discount of 10% off the sticker price, then add a 6% sales tax, then
subtract another 5% as the downpayment. Once I can calculate this
number,which would be the amount to finance, I can use the PMT
function- which I somewhat understand.

Sticker Price 15000
Discount 10%
Sales Tax 6%
Downpayment 5%
Amount to be financed ??? =$C$3-$C$4+C$5$-$C$6

I know this is the wrong formula, and the answer acts as if the
percentages were pennies on the dollar? Do I need to format the cells
differently or what the hay am I doing wrong?

Thank you for reading!!!