Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Refman

Default Worksheet Tab Names

Thanks everyone for your quick replies. I wanted to make sure as someone at
work said they messed it up if you put hyphens and what not in. Thanks
again. ;)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Next time you're experimenting, you can see how excel treats those names.

Create a test workbook with two worksheets. Call them A and B.

In B1, put
=a!a1

Now rename A to Jan-Feb and then look at what excel did to the formula.

Refman wrote:

Does it matter what the name of a worksheet tab is at all? I would like to
place in a hyphen when I create the tab like Jan-Feb. When I calculate my
formulas will this hyphen mess me up when it comes to calculating? I would
think no since the tab is usually in quotes or so within the formula correct?
Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson