Dave R.

I don't think that's working..

First, the COUNT function returns counts of numbers, e.g. if you had
66,342,3542 in A1:A3, COUNT(A1:A3) would return 3. The ",10-87400" part
isn't doing anything useful -- the formula is subtracting 87400 from 10 and
saying "yes, -87390 is a number" and returning a 1. If you tested the
formula by entering 10-87400 in InventorySold!B? only once, you would think
it's working. If you had entered it more than once you would see that it is
not.

Based on what it looks like you're trying to do, you can try this formula;

=InventoryOrdered!E3-COUNTIF(InventorySold!B:B,"10-87400")

"Crowraine" wrote in message
HOLY SMOKES I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!! NEW FORMULA IS
=SUM(InventoryOrdered!E3,-COUNT(InventorySold!B:B,10-87400))

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

"Crowraine" wrote:

New formula

=SUM(InventoryOrdered!E3,COUNT(InventorySold!B:B,1 0-87400))
Now how do I get it to subtract COUNT from Sum?

"Crowraine" wrote:

I do the COUNTIF but I want to subtract that from Sheet Inventory

Ordered and
put the results in Sheet Inventory In Stock

"Dave R." wrote:

The confusion on my part was that you said you wanted 10-6161 to "be
represented by 4".

It sounds like you want to count all the 10-6161 in column B and

subtract
that number from the "inventory ordered" amount.

You can use a formula like

=COUNTIF(B:B,"10-6161") to count up the 10-6161s in B. You can also
reference the cell that contains the part number like

=COUNTIF(B:B,$A1).

If those do what you want, just include the COUNTIF... part in the

formula
that you want to show your inventory (subtracting it from the number

you
have ordered. if it's in the same row it should be easy).

"Crowraine" wrote in message
No. All the sheets, the part number is at least 3 columns over.

But hey,
if I
need to I can move it.

"Dave R." wrote:

Do you have a column next to "10-6161" that has a 4 in it?

"Crowraine" wrote in

message
Ok, let me try this again.
I have 4 lipsticks which are represented in sheet 'Inventory

Ordered'
cell
E3. I want those lipstick to be represented by 10-6161.

Everytime I
type
in
10-6161 in sheet 'Inventory Sold' column B I want it to

subtract from
'Inventory Ordered' cell E3 and the results to show in

'Inventory In
Stock'
cell D3.

Layout;
'Inventory Ordered' Cell E3 minus by part number 'Inventory

Sold'
column B
to = in 'Inventory In Stock' D3

If I can't work it out, would someone also be kind enough to

walk me
through
it once.