Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Frick

Default Help with a Lookup Formula

I am not sure if it shoudl be a Vlookup or Hlookup formula and I am not sure
how to procede.

I have a 4 x 4 table that looks like this from A1:D4

USD EUR GBP
USD 1.0 1.19 1.73
EUR 0.83 1.0 1.45
GBP 0.57 0.68 1.0

In cell G1 I have a cell where I enter USD or EUR or GBP

In cell F12 I have a cell where I enter USD or EUR or GBP

In cell G12 I enter a number.

I need a formula for cell H12 that will multiply the cell in G12 times the
correct cell in the pivot table based on G1 and F12.

For example if G1=USD and F12=USD then G12 should be multiplied times B2.

what I am trying to do is create a simple report that calculates an expense
item in one currency to a report base currency.

Thanks for any help provided.