Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Janine

Default MS Excel: Why would the Goal Seek option be dimmed for a book?

Thank you!!!! :)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

When you see [Group] in the title bar, it means that at least two worksheets are
selected (grouped).

This means that almost anything you do to one of those grouped sheets, you do to
each in that group.

Just rightclick on one of the worksheet tabs and select Ungroup Sheets.

Lots of stuff is disabled when you have grouped sheets.

Janine wrote:

I am intrigued with a fact:
I have an Excel book from a student in which the Goal Seek oprion is dimmed
out and I would like to know why. I have also noticed that on the title bar
there is the following text after the book name: [Group]
Thank you for any help you can provide!

--

Dave Peterson