Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips

Default how to display subjects taught by a specific teacher upon selection of the teacher name in a drop down box

You have a response on JMT

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"janice fernandes" wrote in message
there are 3 teachers in a school. Ann, ben and carl. Ann teaches math and
history, ben teaches math, history and science, carl teaches math, science
and drawing. suppose cell a1 contains a drop down box containing the three
names (ann, ben and carl). if i select ann in a1, cells a3 should display
math and cell a4 should display history. alternatively, if i select ben in
a1, cell a3 should display math, cell a4 should display history and cell

a5
should display science. alternatively if i select carl in a1, cell a3

should
display math, cell a4 should display science and cell a5 should display
drawing. i hope i have made my question clear. thank you in advance for

the
answer. also what is the way to store the teacher names with their related
subjects

is there a specific term to describe the above concept? - therefore I can
search in google, excel help sites using that term. Also can you suggest a
better title for better results