Using formulas to enter NULL cell values

Thanks for reply ... I was afraid that there was no solution to my problem.
I avoided using the term 'blank' as that is often considered the same as
'space' ... NULL usually is interpreted as 'no value' ... thanks again

"Using formulas to enter NULL cell values" wrote:

I am trying to effect a null cell value based on a formula. For example, for
B2, I might want to have B2 be NULL if A2 is NOT NULL, otherwise use the
value from B1). This might be written something like "=if(A2"",NULL,B1)".

The intent is to allow the text value of A2 to extend into B2 (i.e. not
wrap). Entering a "" for the TRUE action does not allow A2 to extend into B2.