Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Suppress protection alerts in Excel

The name has to match, but case isn't important:

"sheet 1" and "Sheet 1" and "ShEeT 1"
would all work

Yohanne the Great wrote:

Excellent: The help note performed exactly what I wanted it to do. Be
advised, however, that the sheet name nomenclature must be precise in terms
of upper-case and lower-case. This gave a few initial problems -- the help
advice didn't work -- but it was because of the nomenclature issue (i.e.,
"sheet1" didn't work -- it had to be "Sheet 1", the precise name of my Excel
sheet). But I figured that out -- maybe this will help others. Thanks so
much!!!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can't change the message, but you can stop them from selecting locked cells
on a protected sheet.

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
Dim wks As Worksheet
Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1")
With wks
.Protect password:="hi"
.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
End With

Yohanne the Great wrote:

I somehow want to turn off the alert-box that always pops up when any
keyboard keystrokes are made in protected cells in a protected worksheet.
When a keystroke is made in these protected cells, I want the result to be
nothing, a dead keyboard, no pop up -- the user already knows that these are
not active entry cells and does not need a pop up reminder.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson