Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Laureen

Default How do I retain a zero as the first number in a postal code?

I've formatted the column as well as tried formatting just an individual cell
for Postal Code. It always drops the first number if it is a zero. I've
formatted the cell as text wtih an apostrophe and was able to retain the
zero. However, I have to remember to do this for every Postal Code that
begins with zero and it's incredibly inefficient process. I don't always
remember to do that and then when I merge my document and Postal Codes
beginning with a zero come over without the beginning zero! This document is
an an address database so I continually run into this problem. I've done
everything I can think of, and wasted alot of time trying to figure this out.
Can someone please assist me? Thank you!