Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson

Default Mail Merge with Word

Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question about formatting
dates/decimals.

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
has instructions he

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.

Alejandra wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to insert information (figures) contained in an Excel
worksheet into a Word letter (in the example I have 100 clients with
their monthy bill information and have to send out letter to every one
of them with his particular billing information). I did it with the
Word command Mail Merge withing TOOLS, inserted the fields and worked
pretty well. The only problem is that the figures appear in the Word
letter with 8 decimals, which of course looks very bad. I could not
manage to delete the decimals in the Excel spreadsheet, they are always
there, even if you format the cell, as a number with cero decimals or if
you customize the cell with cero decimals. They don't disappear.(This
happens in Excel 2000 and 2003)

What can I do to insert figures without decimals into a Word letter?
I hope you can help me.:)
Alejandra

--
Alejandra