Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB

Default Suppress protection alerts in Excel

One way to turn it off

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

However, this will disable other alerts (such as "Are you sure" before you
delete a sheet, or when Excel asks you if you want to save before closing the
workbook).

You could put these event handlers in the ThisWorkbook module to toggle the
alerts on/off. By toggling it on before closing, excel will ask if you want
to save the workbook before closing if you've not already done so. Of
course, if the user tries to close the workbook then cancels through the save
changes dialog box and continues to work, alerts will be activated.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

"Yohanne the Great" wrote:

I somehow want to turn off the alert-box that always pops up when any
keyboard keystrokes are made in protected cells in a protected worksheet.
When a keystroke is made in these protected cells, I want the result to be
nothing, a dead keyboard, no pop up -- the user already knows that these are
not active entry cells and does not need a pop up reminder.