Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

Default Multiple Instances of Excel

Would these different settings be persistent from one startup of the program
to another? If so, how would a user designate which "profile" to start,
since all icons point to the same .EXE file?

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
One reason could be if you need Excel-wide settings to be different, like
Reference style and Calculation mode

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I don't like to do this either. I find it a pain.

So I asked someone who asked how to do this and their reply was so that
they
could work in one instance while excel did stuff (long calculations/long
running
macro) in the other.

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
If you do all your work in one instance of excel, then the copy and
paste
will
work the way you want.

Why would anyone WANT to run two instances? Is there any advantage at
all? I
see it done by mistake quite often.....

--

Dave Peterson