Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Multiple Instances of Excel

If you do all your work in one instance of excel, then the copy and paste will
work the way you want.

If you have two instances open, the one instance of excel just sees it as a copy
from any other windows program--it doesn't have any idea what application it
came from.

David Z wrote:

I noticed that if I have multiple instances of Excel, the copy and paste
functions behave differently. Specifically, if I have two instances running
and I try to copy from one instance to the other, it only copies values and
not the formulas.

First, is this normal or is just me and my environment? And second, what
other difference are there, if any? Thanks.

Regards

--

Dave Peterson