Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Default Setting Shortcut Keys

Hi Conon,
Not sure but are you trying to apply the painter several times.i

Paintbrush ("Format Painter") can be applied multiple times by double-clicking, and
turned off by clicking on any toolbar button. The large plus next to the cursor is
probably a tip-off of this feature.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...tm#painter.htm

For a macro see ...
Pasting Formats, as in Format Painter (#painter)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/paste.htm#painter

---
HTH,

"Conan Kelly" <CTBarbarin at msn dot com wrote in message ...
Hello all,

Is there any way to specifically set shortcut keys to buttons
(programmatically or by tweaking the registry even)? I would like to
set Excel's "Format Painter"
and "Center" buttons to the same key combos as Word's (Ctrl + Shift +
C) and (Ctrl + E).

Unfortunately, Excel isn't as resilient as Word when it comes to
assigning hot key combos (for those that don't know, please check out
this pictu
http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin/file...e_keyboard.jpg). Word
lists every command, what the command does, and all key combos already
assigned to it and allows you to add new key combos to existing ones.

FYI: I'm using MS Word & Excel 2002 SP3 (MS Office XP SP3)

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly